Monday, November 19, 2007

Crummy Weather and Sniffles

Well, the winter weather has started to get us, here in Scotland. It's been drizzling outside since early Saturday evening and the news doesn't suggest it will clear up any time soon. The weekend was actually pretty fun. I did a lot of homework. That is to say, I wandered around Edinburgh, and then wrote a paper about it. I also did the Literary pub tour, which is excellent! The tour exposes the oxymoron that is Edinburgh, showing the contrasts between its brightest literary figures and their life beyond the quill. I also watched the Scotland v. Italy match at a pub, Saturday night. It was awesome!!! We were singing, cheering, booing. It was great - very emotional, really; i almost cried when Italy scored their 2nd goal. After, I went to Sam's birthday party (I work with him) and i drank (coke or redbull) until nearly 5 am. Talk about a great night!

So I have the occasional sniffle, especially with the weather so damp and cold, but my flat is usually quite warm, which is nice, and my ankle is completely better, I think. I'm going to play on it this week and see. =D Anyway, although the flat may lack certain creature-comforts of home, it is safe and dry, and I'm grateful for that.

The last part of the term crunch has started, and now I am really kicking it into gear to get all my assignments, papers and whatnot completed. I'm feeling pretty good about my status right now. I think I'll get it all done and get good grades, but there's still a lot to do, and even more that I wish I could see if only i had the money to do it.

No comments: