Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Reluctantly crouched at the starting line...

Taken from one of my favorite songs, that line accurately depicts how I feel right now. The weather has got me feeling unproductive. The last week has gone by quickly and I've kept busy. I've been working on a policy proposal for my class and I'm finding it difficult to express my opinion through my research coupled with a non-biased look at the pros and cons of the medical redress system in Scotland. I suppose that's the difficulty of writing, eh?

The weekend went splendidly. I went to the zoo and saw the rhinoceroses, the asiatic lions, the jaguar, the panther, and assorted other animals. There was supposed to be a penguin parade, but they didn't want to come out, the weather was kind of crappy. That night, St. Andrew's Day, I went to the Winter festival with my friend Megan. It's an olde German village, with gifts and snacks, and it really just has a good atmosphere about it. This weekend, we're going to go ice-skating if the weather's nice. Then, I went to my friend Brenden's place and had haggis with his roommates. I'm actually a fan of haggis, its got a little spice to it, but the texture and flavour are actually quite nice.

Saturday I went to a couple friend's to try to get my internet to work. Something happened a few weeks ago, and I couldn't use the wireless. So finally (after 4 hrs of playing with the internet), I got it up and running! YAY! After I went to dinner with some people from my church and went home and studied. My mid-term for my Modernization of Latin America class is this coming Thursday, so I've been studying pretty hard for it.

Sunday i went to church, then a nap (of course!) and went to Sylvia and Rox's for breakfast - at dinner time. Then we got the Christmas season started off properly with A Muppet Christmas Carole. I'm really starting to get ready for Christmas. I'm listening to Christmas Carols on pandora and just really enjoying the season. Last year, Christmas snuck up on me, but this year, I'll be ready. I just hope its ready for me to turn 24.

No comments: