Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Photos are available here: www.flickr.com/photos/seanm23
The past few weeks have been awesome. I am going to try my best to update this at least once a week (or whenever I have some spare time and internet closeby). This last weekend, I played soccer (the football) with my friends from church and successfully fractured my ankle. Thankfully, the NHS was there for me. I didn't feel the pain immediately and got up and kept playing, although my play was not very good. After, we went to see the movie 'rendition' which is a great flick about civil rights and the value of torture for information. After the film, I went home and went to bed. In the morning when I woke up, my ankle was really sore. I kind of felt the pain come during my sleep, and I woke up with it throbbing. So I got on the bus and went to the emergency room. I was in and out in three hours. I'd like to see an American hospital beat that. So now I'm hobbling around on some crutches. I decided that I will take advantage of them and be a skiier for Halloween, using the crutches as ski poles.
I have had a lot of great adventures thus far. I went to lisbon about a month ago, and my mom and sister came to visit a couple of weeks ago. At that time, we went to the highlands: Inverness, Loch Ness, the isle of Skye, and Glencoe. The country up there is beautiful. I'd love to come back and do some hill-walking. I've met a ton of great people, and it is really nice to be over here this time of the year because the leaves are turning many different hues and the air is crisp and cool. Unfortunately, the days are getting dramatically shorter and the night is getting darker.

No comments: